Now FDA Approved
LORBRENA is a prescription medicine that is used to treat people with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- that is caused by an abnormal anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) gene, and
- that has spread to other parts of the body, and
- who have taken the medicine:
- alectinib, or ceritinib, or
- both crizotinib and at least 1 other medicine to treat NSCLC that is caused by the ALK gene, and
- that is no longer responding to these treatments.
It is not known if LORBRENA is safe and effective in children.
The effectiveness of LORBRENA is based on a study that measured tumor response rate and duration of response. There is an ongoing study to find out how LORBRENA works over a longer period of time.